What's Going On?

Council and MPC Meetings

Cardston County's Council meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month, and we hold a Municipal Planning Commission meeting on the 4th Monday of each month.

Our next Council meeting will be held on Monday, April 10th, 2017 at 9:00am, and our next Municipal Planning Commission meeting will be held on Monday, April 24th, 2017 at 9:00am.

As always, anyone is welcome to attend our meetings, and recordings of our meetings are available on Youtube.

Equipment Sale

We are now accepting sealed bids on the following pieces of equipment. Bids will be accepted until March 31st, 2017 at 4:30pm.

  • Late-model 1950s-60s Wilson 7 1/2" x 36" Mk. V straight-bed lathe fitted with the "Universal" English and Metric screw-cutting gearbox. Picture
  • John Bean VPI System 1 Wheel Balancer. Computerized wheel balancer for car and light truck wheels. Picture
  • 1984 Ford Model F-800 single-axel with a 1987 Advance 2,100, 5 compartment aluminum tank and dual pumping equipment. 257,586km and gas. Picture 1 Picture 2

You can drop off your sealed bid at the County office (1050 Main Street, Cardston, Alberta) during regular business hours.

Community Grant Applications

If your organization is considering a grant application this summer, the County is willing to help! Just get in touch with our office and we can help find funding opportunities and assist with preparing your grant application.

Seasonal Employment Opportunities

We are currently accepting applications for seasonal employment opportunities. You can view the job postings below:

If you are interested in applying, please follow the instructions found on the job posting.

Waterton Lakes Prescribed Burns

Waterton Lakes National Park will be conducting ongoing prescribed fires at various locations within the park between mid-April and early-May. You can find more information here.

Business License Renewals

Check your mailboxes, folks, because business license renewals have been sent out and are due by March 31st, 2017.

You can learn more about business licenses and access a few different business directories for the area here.

Fire Permits

Residents wishing to conduct an open fire must acquire a fire permit before proceeding with the burn. You can contact our shop at (403) 653-3712 between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm to obtain a fire permit.

Presenting at a Council Meeting

If you would like to make a presentation to Council or appear as a delegation at one of our Council Meetings, please complete the Council Presentation Form and submit it to us by email, fax, or in person. We will try to schedule your presentation during the next Council Meeting.

If you would like request a donation from Cardston County for your community organization or event, please read our Community Donations Policy and complete the Donation Request Form and submit it to us by email, fax, or in person.